Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, Open Office or RTF document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all tables and figures are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Electronic images are saved as either jpeg or gif files. All photographs were scanned at a high resolution (300dpi, print optimised) and saved/numbered appropriately corresponding with the text.
- All tracking changes in the document must have been accepted before sending to SA Fam Pract.
- Have you asked a colleague or language expert to proofread your final manuscript?
- All supplemantary files such as survey instruments or scanned photographs are separated from the main text and will be uploaded as supplementary files.
- In the case of a research paper, prior approval has been obtained from a research ethics committee, and this fact is declared in the methods section of the manuscript.
Copyright NoticeBy submitting manuscripts to SAFP, authors of original articles are assigning copyright to the South African Academy of Family Physicians. Copyright of review articles are assigned to the Publisher, Medpharm Publications (Pty) Ltd, unless otherwise specified. Authors may use their own work after publication without written permission, provided they acknowledge the original source. Individuals and academic institutions may freely copy and distribute articles published in SAFP for educational and research purposes without obtaining permission.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.